Let us have a look at the five points which will certainly help keep the drive, path or outdoor patio looking terrific for many years to come:
- Hold weeds away. Weeds won’t expand over the block paving within the surface area below, however they can start to grow in the joints in between the stones. Dealing with the area surrounding the joints with herbicide, even if you’re yet to discover any weeds, can help prevent this problem from developing. Prevention is definitely much better than treatment in cases like this, as established weeds is usually hard to shift completely once they have taken hold.
- Thoroughly clean the paving regularly. Regularly washing your block paving can stop it looking mucky and worn out. The very best method to clean your paving would be to make up a solution of hot soapy water and to use this solution to the paving using a brush with tough bristles. These bristles will likewise help eliminate debris within the joints.
- Deal with algae as soon as possible. For those who have block paving that is produced from natural stone, then you might encounter problems with algae, and these issues can start to show after only a brief amount of time. One of the most effective ways to deal with algae is to apply regular household bleach, and this ought to be performed as soon as you first notice the algae.
- Think about using a power washer. Making use of a power washer can really enhance the look of your block paving by removing all the grime that has accumulated and help recover the paving to its authentic colour. This is not a process that needs to be undertaken too often however, since over use of power washers can damage the material that the paving is made of.
- Close up the joints in the paving. For those who have a lot of issues with weeds and water entering the joints of the paving, then using a sealer might help. This can help protect the joints and may minimize the quantity of problems you have with unwanted weeds. It may also prolong the life of your block paving.
VIEW THIS POST ON: